Monday, October 22, 2007

Punkins


Ok folks, I know it's been a while. I was in Maryland for the greater part of September. When I got back my mom got in an accident, my brother-in-law broke his neck, and my older sister now has pneumonia. Sheesh! Anyway...

One of my most favorite holidays is upon us: Halloween! Aside from planning my costume seven months in advance, there are some little things I like to do a little closer to October 31st. Like carve pumpkins. Or jack-o-lanterns? It's a pumpkin until the carve is complete, at which point it officially becomes a jack-o-lantern, right? It's the whole caterpillar-butterfly relationship, but only paganer...more pagan?...scarier. Yes. So, we took Lana to the pumpkin patch and she mostly ran around picking up pumpkins she could manage just to throw them back on the ground. I was so proud. We brought home three gourds and will lay knife to their tender skins this weekend. It's the best.

1 comment:

Colette said...

Lana is so beautiful. I can't believe how quickly she's becoming a real little girl! It kills me that I am so far away from y'all. As for your pneumonia-addled sister, let's just hope I don't make like Jim Henson and die from it. Man, I loved that guy... but I digress. I'm actually doing much better and can't wait to make it out to Utard for Christmas. Who broke his neck???